I finally finished the shower present for my coworker who is having twins just in time for the shower, which is Friday. I made the other blanket tonight, which I wasn’t exactly looking forward to since I had such a hard time with that minky fabric when I made the first blanket. I changed the way I made this one slightly and it worked much much better. The blanket lays flatter too, which is a good thing. Instead of cutting both the printed fabric and the minky at the same time, I cut only the minky fabric, then cut a piece of the printed fabric bigger. And I used a lot more pins than I normally would to try to help hold the minky in place.
After I sewed the minky onto the printed fabric, I then cut the printed fabric and continued with the blanket by turning it right side out and topstitching. It turned out much better, so I would definitely recommend this method!